Dr Chan Kit Yee
SBCC Baby & Child Clinic (Mount Alvernia Hospital)
Mon to Sat – 9am to 1pm
Mon to Fri – 2pm to 5pm
Sun & PH: Closed
Please note that Dr. Chan Kit Yee will be on leave from 14 Sep (Saturday).
There will be a covering doctor on 14 Sep (Saturday).
SBCC Baby & Child Clinic (Ang Mo Kio)
Mon to Fri – 8.30am to 12.30pm, 2pm to 5pm
Mon, Wed & Thu – 6.00pm to 9.30pm
Sat – 8.30am to 12.30pm
Sun & PH: Closed
Please note that Dr Martha Liu will be on leave on 2 Sep (Monday), 12 Sep (Thursday), 13 Sep (Friday) and 16 Sep (Monday) and Dr Charmaine Teo will be on leave on 3 Sep morning (Tuesday morning).
(a) Clinic will be open without doctors on
- 2 Sep night (Monday night),
- 3 Sep morning (Tuesday morning),
- 12 Sep afternoon (Thursday afternoon),
- 13 Sep afternoon (Friday afternoon) and
- 16 Sep night (Monday night).
(b) In addition, clinic will be open on 10 Sep night (Tuesday night) and closed on 12 Sep night (Thursday night).
MBBS (Singapore), MMED (Paeds) (Singapore), MD (Singapore), FAMS
- General infant and childhood illnesses
- Newborn screening and care
- Developmental screening and well-baby care and immunisations
- General cardiac consultation, management and counselling of children with congenital and acquired heart disease
- Management of children with heart rhythm problems
- Pre-operative and post-operative management of children with congenital heart disease
Diagnostic Modalities available in clinic:
- 12-lead electrocardiography (ECG)
- Ambulatory 24-hour (Holter) ECG monitoring
- Cross-sectional echocardiography
- Diagnostic cardiac catheterisation and angiography (with trans-catheter therapy) (Gleneagles Hospital Catheterisation Laboratory)
It is important to be empathetic, patient and to have strong communication skills, especially so when managing children with difficult heart disorders. There is a whole lot of satisfaction to be able to establish a rapport and connection with the children and their parents.
- Clinical Research Fellow and Honorary Registrar in Paediatric Cardiology at the Royal Brompton & National Heart Lung Hospital (UK)
- Clinical Fellow at The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto (Canada)
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.), National University of Singapore on Cardiac Dysrhythmias in children,1996
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, National University of Singapore, 1981
- Master of Medicine (Paediatrics) (Singapore), 1986
- Former Consultant Paediatrician and Senior Lecturer at the Department of Paediatrics, National University Hospital, Singapore
- Research on paediatric heart matters has been published widely in several local and international medical journals
- Member, Singapore Medical Association
- Member, Academy of Medicine
- Member, Singapore Paediatric Society
- Member, Singapore Cardiac Society