Childhood Developmental Screening
Not all delays can be seen with the naked eye. Common developmental delays usually go unnoticed until a child enters primary school. Some of them include autism, emotional disturbances, and speech and language impairments.
Studies have shown that the sooner a developmental delay is found and therapy starts, the better the child’s chances in making significant progress. Childhood Developmental Screening (CDS or also known as Developmental Assessment) is one of the most effective ways to assure a child’s academic and life success.
What is Childhood Developmental Screening?
Childhood Developmental Screening (CDS) is a type of preventative care for all children. CDS helps to identify those who are at risk of developmental delays so that early intervention can be provided. At SBCC, our Basic Childhood Developmental Screening is conducted as per the national CDS programme and applies to children aged 0 to 6.
When should I start my child’s developmental screening?
Childhood Developmental Screening begins at birth. At SBCC, our paediatricians are trained in many sub-specialties to provide better care suited for your child from 0 to 6 years old.
In their growing years, children may develop habits, such as picky eating, that may not be healthy for them.
Treatments and recommendations are carefully assessed and tailored to your child based on factors such as their age, medical history and developmental history.
Why should I bring my child for a developmental screening?
Developmental assessments help to identify children who are at risk of developmental delays, such as missing their developmental milestones, so that early intervention can be provided.
Developmental milestones are a series of behavioral or physical checkpoints in a child’s growth. They are the foundational skills that newborns and toddlers should develop during their growing years.
Should you notice that your child is not reaching their key developmental milestones, you may call any of our SBCC Baby & Child clinics to book an appointment for a consultation.
Childhood Developmental Screening
- – Applies to children aged 0-6 years
- – Basic Childhood development screening (CDS) per national CDS programme
- – General medical review and advisory
- – Completion of relevant areas of health booklet
- – Vaccinations per national immunisation program and opt in vaccinations as desired
- – Regular charges for consultation and vaccinations apply
Precious Gold Package
(Premium Screening Package)
- – Applies to all children 0-16 years
- – Comprehensive health screening including childhood developmental screening
- – Comprehensive medical review and advisory for at risk screening or referral
- – Comprehensive anticipatory guidance including general well being, growth, nutrition, mental and dental health
- – Formal Medical report
- – Complimentary influenza vaccination. Vaccinations per national immunisation program and opt in vaccinations as desired
- – Regular charges for Precious Gold package and vaccinations apply
Our Paediatricians Are Here With You Every Step of the Way
1. Call to Book Appointment
- Call your preferred clinic to book an appointment with our specialist.
- Arrive at the clinic 15-30 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- Bring along your child’s medical record or health booklet and immunisation record.
2. Developmental Assessment at SBCC Baby & Child Clinic
- During registration, fill out a pre-screening questionnaire to help our paediatricians get a better understanding of your child’s development and areas of focus.
- Paediatricians will conduct a comprehensive range of assessments to check if your child is growing well.
3. Medical Review and Recommendations
- Treatment recommendations and advise will be provided based on the medical results and arrangements for follow-up checkup is necessary.
- Soft copy of medical report, along with your paediatricians’ recommendations will be emailed within 3 to 5 working days. Hard copy may also be collected from the clinic.